There’s no need to buy bottled dressing with this delicious recipe for Dijon Vinaigrette!
It is great on crisp, green salads with anything from romaine to spinach or arugula! With its uniquely sweet and bright tangy flavor it makes every salad a new favorite!
Easy Dijon Vinaigrette
- Perfect for dressing salads, this dressing is versatile.
- Drizzle this tangy vinaigrette over roasted veggies, or toss it into roasted sweet potatoes.
- Try mixing it into sour cream for a festive, savory dip with bagel chips or our low-carb crispy kale chips.
- It’s even great as a light dressing for pasta and seafood, or as a marinade for steaks or chops!
The best dressings are a balance of oil and something acidic (like vinegar or lemon juice) combined with a variety of herbs and spices. The ratio for a vinaigrette is approximately 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar plus a bit of sweetener and something to help keep the dressing from separating.
OIL Choose a light flavored oil like canola or even avocado oil. Olive oil can be a bit too bitter in this recipe.
LEMON JUICE Is used in place of vinegar for a bright tangy flavor. If you don’t have lemon juice a light vinear (like cider vinegar) would work well.
DIJON Either seedy or regular dijon are great in this recipe.
FLAVORS A pinch of garlic powder adds flavor. It’s sweetened with sugar but any sweetener from honey to maple syrup will work.
How to Make Dijon Vinaigrette
This super easy dressing just needs to be whisked and chilled.
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl except the oil.
- Slowly drizzle the oil while whisking until thickened.
- Chill before serving.
Adding oil VERY slowly while whisking emulsifies the mixture which means that the oil won’t separating from the other liquids. Don’t skip the dijon, this helps keep the dressing together!
How to Store
- Dijon Vinaigrette will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Shake well to recombine before using.
- Quick Lemon Vinaigrette – flavorful & bright
- Cilantro Lime Dressing – use as a marinade
- Quick Caesar Salad Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – quick & easy
- Homemade Ranch Dressing – much better than store-bought
- Sesame Ginger Dressing – a 5 star favorite
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
Did you enjoy this Dijon Vinaigrette? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Dijon Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar with a lid.
- Shake until fully combined.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!