Air fryer acorn squash lets the air fryer work its magic and roast acorn squash to sweet, creamy perfection!
This recipe bakes brown sugar, butter, and a hint of cinnamon into acorn squash halves for a delicious side dish!
Quick and perfectly simple, this is sure to become a family favorite!
Acorn Squash for a Sweet & Savory Side
- Super healthy acorn squash is loaded with fiber and antioxidants and has a mild, sweet and savory flavor that even kids love – this dish will be a family favorite!
- The air fryer can take dense veggies and cook them perfectly in minutes with less fat.
- We love how cooking veggies in the air fryer adds extra caramelization for great flavor.
- Cooking in the air fryer saves time in both clean-up and cooking!
- Serve each half stuffed with seasoned rice, zucchini orzo, or farro pilaf.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Acorn Squash
Squash – Choose whole, intact squash that is free of soft spots or blemishes. Butternut squash and spaghetti squash can be used in place of acorn squash, (adjust the cook times).
Seasonings – A little oil, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon are all that’s needed to make this a stand-alone recipe or an easy side dish. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you’d like.
How to Air Fry Acorn Squash
- Cut squash in half with a sharp knife and remove seeds with a spoon.
- Brush squash with oil & sprinkle with salt. Air fry, cut side up, per the recipe below.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, brush onto acorn squash, & cook until fork tender.
Air Fryer Tips
- Preheat the air fryer so it instantly blasts the food with hot air, then the seasonings are caramelized on the outside and the inside develops a creamy texture.
- Leave a little space between the portions so the air can circulate properly.
- Keep leftover air fryer acorn squash in a covered container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer or cut them into cubes and add to soups, stews, or stir-fries.
- Freeze cooled portions in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks.
More Acorn Squash Faves
Did you enjoy this Air Fryer Acorn Squash? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- 2 small or medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
- Coat the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in the air fryer basket, cut side up, and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, combine melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Open the air fryer and brush with the brown sugar mixture. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until the flesh is tender and slightly golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!