The cucumber feta salad recipe is a cool and refreshing switchover from salad greens.
This colorfully crunchy salad is the perfect blend of sliced cucumbers and red onions, feta cheese, and fresh herbs all mixed in a tangy vinaigrette!
This will be your summer go-to salad that everyone will love!
A Fresh Bowl of Goodness
- Summer is the perfect time for refreshing non-lettuce salads like this cucumber feta salad.
- This easy recipe can be made up to 3 days ahead and is perfect for parties or picnics.
- Cucumber feta salad is low-carb, low-calorie, and packed with flavor.
- It’s versatile enough to go with a fancy steak dinner or simply grilled burgers and fries.
Ingredients in Cucumber Feta Salad
This recipe has so many options for variations, it’s like a new recipe every time!
Cucumbers – English cucumbers or mini cucumbers are ideal as they don’t need to be peeled and the seeds are small. If using field cucumbers, you can peel them and scrape out the seeds with a spoon if you’d like.
Onion – Red onions won’t overpower the salad, slice them thinly. If you don’t have red, you can use white or even green onions.
Feta – Crumbled feta is great in this salad. You can swap in your favorite cheeses like mozzarella (bocconcini) or gorgonzola crumbles.
Dressing – Any combination of oil and vinegar can be used in this recipe. Fresh herbs are best; check the recipe notes for using dried herbs. If time is short, use a bottle of Greek vinaigrette dressing.
- Add kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, capers, and chopped mint for a Greek salad inspired dish.
How to Make Cucumber Feta Salad
- In a large bowl, mix the dressing ingredients (as per recipe below).
- Add the sliced cucumbers and onions. Toss to combine, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Stir and sprinkle with feta before serving.
Storing Leftover Salad
- Keep leftover cucumber feta salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Drain the salad in a colander, stir, and refresh the seasonings before serving.
Did your family enjoy this Cucumber Feta Salad? If so, leave a rating and comment below!
Cucumber Feta Salad
- 6 mini cucumbers or 1 long English cucumber
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt & ⅛ teaspoon black pepper more to taste
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, dill, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the cucumbers ¼-inch thick. If using an English cucumber, cut the slices into quarters.
- Add the cucumbers and sliced onion to the bowl and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Stir and sprinkle with feta cheese before serving. Garnish with extra herbs if desired.
For added flavor, a small clove of minced garlic can be added to the dressing.
This salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!