Grilled Chicken Breast is a quick meal with tender, juicy chicken in a flavorful marinade.
It’s extra quick to make and perfect to enjoy on its own, add to pasta, or even put on top of a salad!
A quick and flavorful marinade and an even quicker grill time means this meal is on the table in no time at all!
How to Make Marinade for Grilled Chicken Breasts
Before grilling chicken breast, let it marinate for a little bit. A Marinade adds flavor and it can help tenderizes grilled chicken.
- Oil: Oil is the base of this marinades, it helps distribute flavors and prevents sticking.
- Acid: This breaks down tough proteins, tenderizing the meat. (vinegar/lemon juice).
- Sugar: Adds flavor and promotes caramelization. (honey/brown sugar).
- Seasonings: Seasonings define the flavor profile. I use a little Italian seasoning but add in your favorite herbs and spices.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Breast
- Pound Chicken: Pound chicken to 1/2″ thickness with a meat mallet for even cooking.
- Marinate: Prep the marinade (per the recipe below) & let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Grill: Preheat grill to medium-high heat & cook chicken for 6-8 min per side.
Use Medium-High Heat
A higher heat seals in juices and gives a nice sear while keeping the chicken breasts nice and moist.
How Long to Grill Chicken Breasts
How long to grill chicken breasts can vary slightly depending on the heat of the grill and the thickness of the chicken breasts.
After the chicken is marinated, it’s time to hit the grill. Place the breasts on the grill and cook for about 7-8 minutes on one side. No peeking or lifting, so you retain those lovely grill marks!
Flip the chicken and let it cook for another 7-8 minutes or until it reaches 165°F in the thickest part of the breast on a meat thermometer.
It is important to allow the chicken to rest for about 3-5 minutes before cutting to keep it juicy (just enough time to fill your plate and get to the table). Serve with your favorite sides, and preferably on a patio with a big pitcher of Easy White Sangria!
Did your family love these Grilled Chicken Breasts? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Grilled Chicken Breasts
- ⅓ cup oil olive oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl or freezer bag. Add chicken and toss well to combine.
- Marinate for 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours) before cooking chicken.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing the excess to drip off. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Place chicken on the grill for 7-8 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 7-8 minutes or until no pink remains and chicken reaches 165°F.
- Rest 3-5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!