Looking for a delicious salad packed with summer flavor? This Corn Salad recipe is just what you need!
Juicy corn kernels, crisp cucumbers, tangy cherry tomatoes, and a very simple dressing, this salad is a perfect blend of summer goodness.
Whether you’re hosting a barbecue, planning a picnic, or simply craving a refreshing side dish, this corn salad is a must-try!
A Summer Favorite
Corn Salad is such a great summer salad and the perfect way to enjoy summer veggies from the garden or the farmer’s market.
- It’s packed with fresh summer flavor and tastes incredibly fresh.
- Simple and easy: With just a few fresh ingredients, this salad is easy to make for quick summer side.
- It’s incredibly versatile and needs just a handful of ingredients. Add in fresh vegetables form your garden.
How to Make Corn Salad
CORN: This Corn Salad recipe starts with a base fresh sweet corn but frozen corn will work just fine in this recipe. If you have time grill the corn first and then cut it off the cob.
DRESSING: Skip the mayonnaise, this dressing is light and fresh. Add a generous sprinkle f coarse salt and some fresh pepper.
VEGGIES: We love to add tomatoes, English cucumber red onion, but try radishes or chopped green or red bell peppers if you’d like!
- Measurements of the vegetables in this summer corn salad don’t have to be exact, if you have extra tomatoes add extra; a little short on cucumbers, this will turn out delicious!
- Use thawed frozen corn in place of fresh corn if it’s all you have.
- Add a kick of heat by tossing in some diced jalapeños or a sprinkle of chili flakes.
- Replace the cider vinegar with lemon or lime juice if desired.
- Try adding a sprinkle of feta or blue cheese.
Fresh Corn Salad
- 3 cups corn kernels about 4 cobs of corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup cucumbers diced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- a generous sprinkle of course salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- fresh basil or dill chopped, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the corn. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the kernels turn bright yellow (alternately, the corn can be grilled).
- Drain the corn and cool completely. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the corn cob.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, diced cucumbers, and red onion.
- Drizzle the olive oil and apple cider vinegar over the salad.
- Season generously with salt & pepper to taste and toss well to combine.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with fresh herbs toss to combine.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Summer Salads You’ll Love
- Cucumber Avocado Salad features crisp cucumbers and creamy avocados tossed with dill and lemon for the perfect summer side!
- Green Bean, Tomato, Onion, and Basil Summer Salad Naturally low carb and delicious, the name pretty much says it all.
- Chickpea Salad is loaded with all of the best flavors in a protein packed summer salad and best of all, it lasts days in the fridge!
- Watermelon Avocado Spinach Salad is loaded with juicy watermelon and creamy avocado in a delicious poppy seed dressing.
- Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad is a simple recipe featuring all of my fresh garden herbs, juicy tomatoes and of course crisp cucumbers.