Hamburger seasoning is the perfect addition to any homemade burger recipe!
A Flavorful All-Purpose Seasoning
- Whip up this burger seasoning recipe in just one bowl for a quick and easy way to season hamburger patties and more.
- Customize the levels of salt and seasonings to create a signature blend.
- While we think this is the best burger seasoning, it’s not just for ground beef. Sprinkle it over chicken, pork, and even salmon before tossing on the grill!
- Add extra flavor to roasted potatoes, tater tots, oven fries, or grilled veggies.
Ingredients in Hamburger Seasoning
This simple hamburger seasoning recipe also makes a great all-purpose seasoning.
Salt – Kosher salt has larger grains and can be used in this recipe, although table salt works just fine too! Swap in flavored or smoked salt if you’d like.
Seasonings – Paprika, onion powder, black pepper, garlic powder, mustard powder, and smoked paprika will add grst flavor to almost any recipe.
But spice it up with cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or add a little dried oregano, cumin, parsley, or even some dried lemon peel.
How to Make Hamburger Seasoning
To make this versatile spice blend, simply whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl (per the recipe below).
Once combined, it can be stored in an airtight container in a dry, cool place for months. So go ahead and make a big batch – it’ll become a staple in your kitchen.
Add 1 to 2 teaspoons to a pound of ground beef (or to taste) or sprinkle the burger seasoning mix on premade patties or even turkey burgers before cooking.
What did you think of this homemade Hamburger Seasoning? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use 2 teaspoons per pound of beef (or to taste) for making hamburgers plus additional to season during cooking.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!