This strawberry salad is a colorful addition to any table!
Mixed with dried cranberries, crunchy pistachios, feta, fresh strawberries, and a tangy vinaigrette, this salad bowl is a delightful blend of flavors and textures.
It’s the perfect way to enjoy produce from the farmers market and it makes a beautiful side dish or a lovely lunch.
Summer Strawberry Salad
This recipe came from my mother-in-law Ruby and when she served it, I knew I had to recreate it at home!
- This strawberry salad recipe is as pretty as it is delicous.
- Flavor packed, it’s a make-it-and-take-it party or picnic salad, as each bite is packed with flavorful fruits and nuts!
- This salad recipe is customizable and fresh with an easy homemade dressing.
- Enjoy the versatility of serving it as a side dish or transform it into a satisfying salad entree with grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp for a revitalizing lunch option.
Ingredients in Strawberry Salad
Almost anything can go in a strawberry salad!
Lettuce – Choose tender lettuce such as red leaf lettuce, arugula or mixed greens. Finely chopped kale or romaine can be added for more texture and nutrients.
Berries – In addition to strawberries, try blueberries, raspberries, pomegranate arils or even mandarin oranges! Dried cranberries add a little sweet tang.
Nuts – Pistachios or almonds add a nutty crunch! Other nuts to try are walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, or seeds like hemp hearts, poppyseeds, sunflower, or pumpkin seeds.
Feta – Feta adds a creamy salty flavor. Goat cheese pairs perfectly with this recipe too.
PRO TIP: Lightly toast nuts in a sauté pan and cool them completely before using them in recipes. This makes them extra crunchy and intensifies their flavor! Crunchy mini pretzels are the perfect switch for those with nut allergies as well.
This is a simple dressing that really pulls everything together! Balsamic vinegar can be used in place of apple cider vinegar, and honey can replace maple syrup if needed. If preferred, other dressings that pair well with this salad are:
How to Make Strawberry Salad
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well & refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, drizzle with dressing, & toss to coat.
- Garnish with extra cranberries or some crumbled feta cheese, if desired.
Prep strawberry pistachio salad and dressing up to a day in advance and keep them separate until you’re ready to toss and serve.
Keep leftover strawberry pistachio salad in a covered container for up to 3 days and toss before serving.
Did you enjoy this Pistachio Strawberry Salad? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Summer Strawberry Salad
- 1 pound strawberries
- 6 cups leaf lettuce washed and dried
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions or red onions
- ⅓ cup pistachios roasted
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fresh basil chopped
- ½ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Shake well and refrigerate.
- Wash and dry the strawberries and greens. Slice the strawberries into ½-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, strawberries, dried cranberries, onions, pistachios, and feta cheese.
- Give the dressing a quick shake and pour it overtop over the salad (you may not need all of it). Toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!